The main sign of a happy person is of course a happy smile. But it just so happens that people are just embarrassed to smile. This can be due to diseases of the tissues and elements of the oral cavity, unpleasant odors, missing teeth or yellow enamel. By the way, the latter situation can be overcome successfully, because dental clinics use many popular and time-tested whitening systems. Further in this article, we will tell you all about modern teeth whitening methods in clinics and at home, we will find out the opinion of dentists on the best whitening methods.
Classification of whitening systems
All existing teeth whitening complexes can be divided into two types - professional (performed only by dentists) and for home use (carried out outside the clinic). Below we will describe in detail the classification of whitening methods.
Important!Regardless of which method the patient chooses for whitening, doctors recommend professional enamel cleaning 5-7 days before the procedure. This is necessary to qualitatively remove plaque and bacteria. Otherwise, the explanation may not provide the expected results.
Professional system features
Whitening products and devices used by dental hygienists are repaired every year. Complexes made in the United States and Europe are used mainly - they have passed the test of time and brought excellent results.
According to patient reviews, the method of teeth whitening professional in dentistry has several important advantages:
- speed of achievement: only need 1 visit for a smile to shine,
- degree of brightness: enamel will whiten with 8-12 tones,
- whitens external and internal enamel staining,
- the effect lasts from 6 months to 3 years.
Among its shortcomings, one can notice the high cost, pain in some methods, the presence of contraindications.
Professional System Techniques
There are the following types of teeth whitening at the dental clinic:
- chemicals:A layer of gel containing hydrogen peroxide is applied to the tooth enamel. After 15 minutes, it is washed, the procedure is repeated up to 6 applications in one session. In addition to peroxides, fluoride and trace elements are added to such gels for remineralization. An important feature of this method is that the composition acts independently, without external activators;
- photobleaching:enamel is also processed with a unique gel. Its components are activated by bright-purpose light devices (LED or ultraviolet radiation). The components, usually oxygen and hydrogen peroxide, brighten the enamel, penetrating into the structure not only the outer skin, but also the dentin;
- laser:reagent activation occurs under laser action. Bleach components penetrate the enamel and lighten pigmentation. Accurate and effective method that sometimes allows you to get rid of the effects of "dental tetracyclin". But it is also the most expensive.
Attention!Professional whitening is done only by qualified specialists and only in the clinic. The effects of medications and light tools are monitored by the dentist throughout the entire procedure. That is why such techniques are considered the softest and safest.
The above methods have proven themselves well for exterior enamel darkening. But what about patients who, after a bad drop in value, have stained pigment into the internal tissues of the tooth? In this case, intracanal bleaching is used - the duct is cleaned, temporary filling with sodium perborate is installed (it has an excellent whitening effect), and after 3-5 days the duct is closed with regular filling.
Home Bleaching System
Everyone at least once in their life buys pasta with a whitening effect - this is the most well-known advertising product for enamel brightening. In recent years, store and pharmacy shelves have been refilled in other ways. They will be discussed below.
Home whitening type:
- complex to lighten 8-10 tones:it includes gel with active ingredient and universal silicone mouthpiece, course duration 14 days,
- whitening strips:they have a whitening agent on one side, securely attached to the dentures. Maximum whiteness can be seen with procedures 10-14,
- pencil-gel:faded enamel by 2 tones is achieved due to hydrogen peroxide, the composition is distributed with a special brush,
- gel shines:looks like a layer of shiny enamel varnish. Usually used in combination, after using pasta with coarse particles.
Important to know!According to a survey of patients who have experienced professional and home whitening, the latter method is much lower than the first. The time to achieve the result is not 1-2 clinic visits, but 2-4 weeks. The effect is lower than stated in the advertisement - actual relief occurs with a maximum of 2-3 tones.
Complex sanitary ware - an alternative option
Whitening treatment can be detrimental to some groups of patients. In this case, the dentist uses safe professional hygiene practices. They are conducted at the clinic. Professional cleaning removes dark plaques and stacks from enamel, and also brightens 1-2 tones. It can be done if there are caries lesions, inflammation of the gums and periodontitis, during pregnancy and lactation.
Hygiene Cleaning Methods:
- ultrasound: with a scaler, the plaque and plaque are gently removed from the tooth surface;
- Air Flow Method:The enamel is cleaned with a suspension of water, air and the smallest abrasive particles. In addition to removing deposits between the teeth, the surface is gently polished. Recommended immediately after ultrasound. Complex applications give excellent results in enamel brightening.
The best teeth whitening system (according to experts)
According to dentists, the 4th generation Zoom system is currently considered the best system for aesthetic enlightenment. The only difference from Zoom-3 is on the activation light. In the new unit, you can directly change the power of ultraviolet and LED radiation during the procedure.
Whitening gel contains 25% hydrogen peroxide, a rejuvenating ingredient and a photosensitive activator. Under the influence of the lamp, the gel components begin to interact with the pigment in the enamel, destroying it. At the same time, the reducing substance enters the tissue.
Before the procedure, the patient wears glasses, a retractor is attached to the oral cavity - so that the gel does not penetrate the mucous membranes, the gums are lubricated with "liquid rubber checkers". The gel is applied to the front of the tooth, the Zoom device is turned on. It is possible to implement 3-4 applications in one session. After the procedure, the doctor will prescribe the promotion of diet and hygiene to achieve excellent results.
"I was skeptical for a long time, but still decided Zoom whitening. Within about a week, he started preparing the procedure - he underwent professional enamel cleaning and restoration. Before going to the clinic. , I take anesthetic pills in case. The procedure itself is not painful at all. It takes about an hour - there are 3 sets of 15 minutes. The doctor says that they have the latest device, where you can choose the strength of light rays. In the eveningMy teeth hurt a little, but in the morning I woke up as if nothing had happened. 10 days later, my smile turned white until I was still not enough! I walked and smiled all the time. "
Natalie P. , women's forum feedback
Contraindications for each technique
Professional and home whitening has a number of contraindications. Therefore, during consultation, be sure to tell the dentist about your illness and the use of any medications and supplements.
General contraindications for professional and home complexes:
- caries, thin enamel and gum disease,
- pregnancy and lactation,
- up to 16-18 years old,
- diabetes mellitus and neoplasm tumors,
- patches, veneers, braces, any prostheses (including implants),
- mental disorders and epilepsy.
Contraindications for Zoom:
- ultraviolet allergy: hypersensitivity,
- medicines: some antibiotics, hormonal contraceptives, ointments, herbal infusions have components activated under ultraviolet rays
- allergic to gel components.
How to store results for a long time
Whitening is not enough because the effects of white teeth can last a long time. After that, the dentist will prescribe a special diet and give advice on new oral hygiene products.
For the first 10-14 days, enamel should not come in contact with dyes - food and cosmetics. For example, red juice, blueberries, beets, carrots and fresh herbs, coffee, wine, condensed tea, and tomato sauce are prohibited. It is better to limit yourself to snacks. Smoking is also prohibited. Women should avoid using bright lipstick.
All patients are prescribed prophylactic whitening paste and rinse corrective gel. However, the whitening effect will disappear over time, and the procedure should be repeated in about 1-3 years.